The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), continuing to extend its global reach, has named its 2020 officers and newly elected members of the global board of directors.
The 2019 officers are:
- Chair: Anneliese Reinhold, general counsel & senior vice president regulatory affairs, du, Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (United Arab Emirates)
- Vice Chair: Jo Anne Schwendinger, chief legal officer, compliance officer & secretary, II-VI Incorporated (USA)
- Secretary: Adrian Goss, general counsel, Bauer Media Group (Australia)
- Treasurer: Maria Varsellona, group general counsel, ABB (Switzerland)
Born in Australia, Reinhold (in the photo above) leads the legal and regulatory functions at du (no, that name is not a mistake; the company rebranded itself some time ago). She has won “Legal Department of the Year” Awards several times, says ACC, been profiled in The Legal 500’s GC Powerlist: Middle East, and led the only team from a non-UK company recognized with the prestigious Lexcel practice management accreditation by the Law Society of England and Wales.
“Anneliese is an incredibly accomplished and creative in-house leader,” said Veta Richardson, ACC president and CEO. “The breadth of her repertoire, from in-depth technological knowledge to intimate familiarity with the international business community, seem tailor-made to ACC’s global membership and goals.”
In addition to the officers named above, ACC appointed the following to its global board of directors:
- Donny Ching, legal director, Royal Dutch Shell (Netherlands)
- Robert Falk, general counsel, Truth Initiative (USA)
- Cristina Gonzalez, chief legal officer, Staples (USA)
- Melissa Kennedy, chief legal officer & executive vice president, Sun Life Financial (Canada)
- Ed Paulis, assistant general counsel & vice president, Zurich North America Group (USA)
- Scott Taylor, general counsel, executive vice president & secretary, Symantec (USA)
- Liz Walker, general counsel, BT Global Services (UK)