The Association of Corporate Counsel Europe (ACC Europe), which serves over 3.000 in-house lawyers across Europe, announced the election of Ilse De Loof (pictured), group general counsel, LBC Tank Terminals Group (Belgium), as president of the ACC Europe board of directors.
This will be Ms. De Loof’s first term as president, taking over from two-term president Hans Albers, former chief of staff, Juniper Networks and now director, legal management consulting, Deloitte Legal (Netherlands).
“2020 has been a watershed year for general counsel, between the COVID-19 pandemic and the continuing regulatory developments within the EU, including the current and future consequences of Brexit,” Ms. De Loof said. “A GC’s seat at the executive table has never been more crucial to effectively counsel organizations on risk and business strategy in a difficult environment. I look forward to working – remotely for now! – with ACC Europe’s talented Board of Directors to support and help connect in-house lawyers at every level and sector across the Continent.”
The 2021 ACC Europe board of directors are:
• Ilse De Loof, chief legal officer, LBC Tank Terminals Group (Belgium)
• Eva Argiles Malonda, general counsel, Applus Services SA (Spain)
• Jeremy Barton – General Counsel, KPMG LLP (United Kingdom)
• Dave Hart – transformation director, legal and company secretary, BT plc (United Kingdom)
Members of the Board
• Maria Rocha Barros – senior vice-president and chief legal officer, booking.com (Netherlands)
• Marlene Connolly – group counsel, Forcepoint International Technology Limited (Ireland)
• Kimberly Nuzum – group deputy general counsel, Publicis Groupe (France)
• Thierry Perrouault – general counsel, legal operations, Orange (France)
• Javier Ramírez – vice president & associate general counsel, HP Inc. (Spain)
• Chris Roberts – general counsel, CRH plc (Netherlands)
• Jasprit Sahnsi – general counsel, corporate, Selecta (Switzerland)